1. Marketing - I've just uploaded my novel Expectations: A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice to Kindle. It should be ready to sell as an ebook sometime today! Also, new to Twitter, I'm trying to figure out how one markets a book in that Twitchy little universe! I find I am spending a lot of time wandering around, getting continually sidetracked. . .
2. Editing - I recently received a proof copy of my next book to come out. It is called Subgirl and is written for middle grade readers, although as a substitute teacher, I find it very amusing. Jordana Simkins is a twelve-year-old genius who has finished University and decided to substitute teach. This book covers her first day of teaching in a Kindergarten classroom. I had meant it to be a series, but we'll see how well this one does!
3. Searching for publishers and agents - Oh, this is a soul-sucking venture. I've been searching for publishers for about 15 years with very little success. I just started searching for agents this fall, with even less success! My next novel, Taking Comfort, is the story of four young women in 1993. One of them becomes a teenaged mom. The story starts in 2009 when this mom decides to tell her daughter the truth about her conception.
4. Restarting a novel - I started my next novel in the fall while between projects. I'm about 30 pages in, but had to leave it for a while. Now I'm trying to get back into it.
5. Short Stories - I have several of these that need a home! I'm really enjoying writing them. It's so nice to be able to see the whole story, rather than one chapter at a time. My latest was inpired by a writing exercise at writing group.
Add to this parenting, substitute teaching, cooking and homemaking and you can see why I worry that I have ADD sometimes. Oh yes, and blogging. Ack! What am I thinking?