Thursday 24 March 2011

What Are You Working On?

I seem to be working on too many projects at once right now.  So, mostly for myself, I thought I'd write down what I'm working on to keep it all in order:

1.  Marketing - I've just uploaded my novel Expectations: A Continuation of Pride and Prejudice to Kindle.  It should be ready to sell as an ebook sometime today!  Also, new to Twitter, I'm trying to figure out how one markets a book in that Twitchy little universe!  I find I am spending a lot of time wandering around, getting continually sidetracked. . .

2.  Editing - I recently received a proof copy of my next book to come out.  It is called Subgirl and is written for middle grade readers, although as a substitute teacher, I find it very amusing.  Jordana Simkins is a twelve-year-old genius who has finished University and decided to substitute teach.  This book covers her first day of teaching in a Kindergarten classroom.  I had meant it to be a series, but we'll see how well this one does!

3.  Searching for publishers and agents - Oh, this is a soul-sucking venture.  I've been searching for publishers for about 15 years with very little success.  I just started searching for agents this fall, with even less success!  My next novel, Taking Comfort, is the story of four young women in 1993.  One of them becomes a teenaged mom.  The story starts in 2009 when this mom decides to tell her daughter the truth about her conception.

4.  Restarting a novel - I started my next novel in the fall while between projects.  I'm about 30 pages in, but had to leave it for a while.  Now I'm trying to get back into it.

5.  Short Stories - I have several of these that need a home!  I'm really enjoying writing them.  It's so nice to be able to see the whole story, rather than one chapter at a time.  My latest was inpired by a writing exercise at writing group.

Add to this parenting, substitute teaching, cooking and homemaking and you can see why I worry that I have ADD sometimes.  Oh yes, and blogging.  Ack!  What am I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment